November 1, 2023
• Five new Learning Facilitors: A total of five candidates took part in a Sail Canada Learning Facilitator (LF) Clinic in Montreal last weekend to become trained as Instructor Trainers. The clinic, lead by Master Learning Facilitators Marc-Antoine Brassard and Alex Byczko, focuses on the skills required to engage with future instructor development by working on communication and feedback. Additional future evaluation and National Coaching Certification Courses will round out their completed LF status. Congrats to the new trained Learning Faciliators: Julie Christensen, Estelle Pagé, Pauline Boulet, Victor Reise and James Gosnell.
• LOOR is holding a combined banquet to present the trophies for the LO300/LO600, Susan Hood Trophy Race (SHTR), and LOSHRS at PCYC on Saturday, November 18, 2023.
Location: Port Credit Yacht Club
1700 – Flag Pickup and complementary appetizers
1800 – Cocktails
1900 – Dinner
• LYRA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING, Rochester Yacht Club
5555 St. Paul Blvd, Rochester NY or Virtual via Zoom.
Saturday, November 11, 2023. Although only official delegates may vote, other interested parties are encouraged to attend the meeting and participate in the discussions.
• Whitecap: The new episode of “Whitecap”, the Canadian sailing podcast, is now available and the guest is Luke Ramsay, two-time Olympian and two-time Pan American Games medalist in Sunfish, who will take part in the Santiago 2023 Pan American Games in Lightning with Rachel Green & Jessica Hirschbold.
3 ways to listen/watch this interview:
• The Fédération de voile du Québec will organize an Offshore Safety and Survival Course in French Saturday, November 11 and 12, from 8am to 6pm at the Collège de Maisonneuve in Montreal. A limit of 25 participants will be allowed. More details and register now: https://www.sailing.ca/sc_event/survie-au-large-course-in-french/