October 19, 2022
On Saturday, 5 January 1884, at the annual meeting of the Toronto Yacht Club, the formation of a yacht racing association of clubs around Lake Ontario was discussed. After much correspondence, on Saturday, 29 March 1884, delegates from the Toronto YC, the Royal Canadian YC, the Oswego YC, and the Bay of Quinte YC met at the Queens Hotel in Toronto, voting their clubs to become the charter members of the Lake Yacht Racing Association. It is believed that LYRA is the oldest association of yacht clubs on the continent; no other similar body is known to exist in North America in 1884.
This year’s LYRA Annual General Meeting will be Virtual Via Zoom or at Kingston Yacht Club, 1 Maitland St, Kingston, ON on Saturday, November 12, 2022. In person registration at KYC during check in.
- Check in 10:45am
- Meeting starts 11:00am
- ZOOM preregistration use the link HERE.
- Member Clubsmay have three voting delegates at the AGM.
- Associate Member Clubsmay have one voting delegate at the AGM.
- Affiliate Membersmay have one voting delegate at the AGM.
- Honorary Membersincluding all Past Presidents shall be delegates-at-large at the AGM.