May 3, 2023
New this spring are two new lightweight Zhik Trapeze harnesses, the T4 nappy harness and highly adjustable T5 leg strap harness. With positive buoyancy and weighing just 1.1kg and 1.2kg respectively including the spreader bar, both are well below the World Sailing 2kg maximum harness weight requirement.
The T4 Trapeze Harness is designed for minimalism, simplicity and ease of use. Evolved from Zhik’s heritage in harness design, the nappy seat construction uses a four-way stretch neoprene gusset and crotch panel that comfortably conforms to your body and offers a versatile fit over summer and winter layers. With five fitting points the T4 harness allows for quick and easy spreader bar positioning to suit your body.
The T5 Trapeze Harness offers sailors ultimate levels of adjustability and comfort when out on the wire. With eight points of adjustment for positioning and fitting the spreader bar allowing you to customise the fit for the conditions and adjust your ride to the finest detail. The adjustable leg straps come with a soft, smooth finished neoprene padding, allowing a personalised fit to spread the load and giving a secure and comfortable fit around the upper leg.
Both harnesses feature integrated lumbar support for the lower back support, allowing you to work the boat and sail at the top of your game for longer.
Made with a long lasting 400 denier outer fabric and robust 600 denier seat panel to withstand the rigours of trapezing in high performance boats, they have a highly durable, lightweight lining with integrated buoyancy and the fabrics used add to the harnesses’ overall positive buoyancy. Importantly, all the heavy duty Duraflex® buckles and adjusters are discreetly stowed beneath streamlined neoprene covers to avoid snagging during manoeuvres and capsizes.
For sailors who have a preferred brand of trapeze hook, the T4 and T5 multiple mounting straps allow other harness bars to be fitted.
RRP & sizes:
T4 & T5 Unisex Size 0/XS, 1 S/M, 2 L/XL, 3 XL+
T4 nappy style & T5 leg strap style
Zhik retailers in Canada: https://www.zhik.com/dealers
Founded in 2003, Zhik’s range of wetsuits and dinghy gear completely changed the design approach for performance clothing and have been rapidly adopted by sailors across the globe.
Zhik technical clothing partnerships include:
- Official Technical Clothing Supplier to Shirley Robertson & Dee Caffari ‘RockIt’ double handed campaign 2022-23
- Official Technical Clothing Supplier for New Zealand SailGP Team
- Official Technical Clothing Supplier for Canada SailGP Team 2022 & 23
- Official Supplier to the Australian Olympic Team 2021
- Official Apparel Partner to Australian Sailing and the Australian Sailing Team 2021-24
- Official Supplier to the Danish Olympic Team 2024
- Technical Clothing Partner for AkzoNobel Ocean Racing for The Ocean Race Europe 2021
- Official Technical Clothing Partner of IMOCA Paprec Arkéa Vendee Globe Challenge 2024
- Official Technical Clothing Supplier to Alex Thomson Racing for the 2020 Vendee Globe Campaign
- Team AkzoNobel and the winners, Dongfeng Race Team, in the Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18