July 12, 2019
LYRA 2019 is a GO!! The Oakville Clubs are pleased to announce that despite historic water levels on the Great Lakes, they are on track with 2019 LYRA Race Week and are planning for an equally historic Regatta.
The clubs, Bronte Harbour YC, Oakville Yacht Squadron, and Oakville Club are working together to accommodate visiting boats and have a full slate of social activities and events planned.
Notes from the organizers:
Thank you to our major sponsor Macrae Marine we are excited to have you as part of LYRA 2019. A special reminder about what your will receive with your registration; in addition to the 2 or 3 day course racing, there is also a one day Easter Seals event on Saturday, August 3 (with a cruising division).
What’s included in your LYRA Registration?
• – Long distance racing and/or 2 or 3 days of course racing with Lake Ontario’s top race committees
• – An amazing Swag Bag with extra special Bacardi goodies
• – 2 Event tickets to the Easter Seals Culinary Tasting with Oakville’s Top Restaurant
• – Great bands – Fun parties
• – A chance at the bragging rights for winning the LYRA trophy
• The Social Events for LYRA are as follows:
• OYS – Thursday Aug 1, Open Ceremonies and Registration
• BHYC – Friday Aug 2, Margaritaville opens at 5.30; Music and Dinner at 7.00 Grilled Chicken with fresh pineapple, Plus choice of Artisan Sausage, Baby spinach salad, Mediterranean pasta salad, Herb and garlic baby potatoes, Corn on the cob, Awards then dancing under the big top 8:00 pm
• OYS – Saturday Aug 3 LYRA and Easter Seals Event Skipper’s Meeting at Oakville Yacht Squadron at 9:00am, First Gun (Course to be determined) at 11:00am, Culinary Tastings, Silent & Silent Auction, Music Band, Wine/Beer at 5:00pm to 7:30pm Awards 7:30pm.
• OC – Sunday Aug 4 LYRA Awards Party; Cocktails 5:30 pm; Brisket Buffet, Fresh Salads and Dessert 6:30 pm Awards and Dancing with Fat Tony Band 7:30 pm
• REGISTRATION IS OPEN – visit 2019. lyrawaters.org – We hope to see you there!