Jan 19, 2022
Sail Canada is pleased to announce the launch of the second season of its Canadian eSailing Championship, which will start January 17 and end on April 7 with a live final event.
For this second edition, participants will have two opportunities to qualify for the live finals which will showcase 20 participants:
- Like last year, participants will be able to earn points through the different races held on the Virtual Regatta Inshore platform. The top 10 Canadians in the overall ranking on March 30 will move on to the Canadian eSailing Championship live finals.
- The community circuit is a new feature this year. Organizations that are part of the Sail Canada membership will each be invited to organize their own internal championship. By holding a minimum of five races with a minimum of five participants, organizations could send one, two or three participants to the Canadian eSailing Championship semi-final series on March 26-27, depending on the number of participants or number of races organized. From this semi-final series, 10 participants will join the 10 others for the live finals.
The Notice of Race as well as details for the community circuit are available on Sail Canada’s website at www.sailing.ca/esailing.
Great prizes from Helly Hansen
Once again this year, Helly Hansen, the official apparel partner and outfitter for the Canadian Sailing Team, is a Proud Supporter of the Canadian eSailing Championship.
Following the Final, Helly Hansen will prize the top 3 finishers with amazing kit valued at close to $2000 in total:
- 1st place: a jacket and pant, total value up to $800;
- 2nd place: a jacket and Duffle bag, total value up to $600;
- 3rd place: a jacket, total value up to $400.
*subject to availability
Sign up and don’t miss out on the Canadian eSailing Championship
Participants and anyone interested in taking part in the Canadian eSailing Championship can register:
- through the mailing list for the competition at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduFISjLZwudnNrn8kJWh_dlWECR-T0nekUrshC0z0X_EYJTA/viewform?usp=sf_link;
- as well as through the Facebook group for the Canadian eSailing Championship at https://www.facebook.com/groups/canesailingchamp.
The sport of eSailing is gaining so much popularity that, last year, it was integrated to the International Olympic Committee’s Olympic Virtual Series, the first-ever Olympic-licensed event for physical and non-physical virtual sports, which include baseball, cycling, rowing and motor sport.